What is Inspire?
Making Opportunities Real for Everyone (MORE) wants to help you engage students in building and developing their career plans. Inspire is an online tool which helps students and career-seekers achieve their future career goals by bridging the gap between school and the work world. Inspire creates a platform in which area students and job-seekers, and you as educators, can actively interact with area employers and career coaches with the goal of:
- Helping students find relevance in what they are learning in the classroom.
- Engaging students early in thinking about their careers.
- Making a positive impact on our region’s graduation rates.
- Enhancing and supplementing classroom instruction.
How does the program work?
Inspire is a web-based career preparation and readiness platform. By providing enhanced career development tools, social media elements and local workforce data projections into a seamless system, job creators, students, educators and parents can connect efficiently and effectively. Students interested in a career can connect with real companies and real-life professionals in that career area here in Northwest Illinois. The system, which is powered by and integrated into a licensed product called Career Cruising, provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment where students/job-seekers can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in manufacturing, healthcare, logistics, information technology and business services.
- Participate in career discussions with an online mentor/career coach from that company.
- Further interact with that company by participating in other Work-based Learning Activities, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment and explore scholarship opportunities.
Already a member? Login Here
How can educators participate?
- Inspire is available free of charge to all Whiteside Area Career Center participating districts. If you or your school is interested in participating in Inspire, please contact us.
- Volunteer by signing up to be an online mentor/career coach in education or another field of study. Do you have expertise in a particular career field? Would you like to share your experiences with interested students and job seekers? Contact us at 815-625-1495 on how you can start today!