Parents & Guardians
Parent, Grandparents & Guardians – It is never too early to help your student in developing a career pathway. Begin today!
MORE's Inspire platform provides career resources to actively engage your student in exploring their career pathway today by bridging the gap between classwork and the work world. The Inspire Platform creates a way for students and job-seekers to actively interact with area employers and career coaches. By encouraging your child to take advantage of the tools, you can help them discover their career path, begin to earn career credentials while still in high school and attain their career goals.
How does the program work?
Inspire is a web-based career preparation and readiness platform. By integrating career development tools, social media elements and workforce data into a seamless system, job creators, students, educators and parents can connect efficiently and effectively. Inspire is a web-based program which connects a student’s career interests with real companies and real-life professionals in that career area. The system, which is powered by a licensed product called Career Cruising, provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment where students/job-seekers can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest.
- Participate in career discussions with an online mentor/career coach from that company.
Further interact with that company by participating in other Work-based Learning Activities, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment.
How can a parent participate?
- Help your child use the tools/resources available (sign up for a student/parent account by contacting your school office). To learn more about how you can participate, view the following short video.
- Encourage your employer to participate in Inspire (have your employer follow the instructions on the Employers page).
- Sign up to be an online mentor/career coach in a particular field of study. Do you have expertise in a particular career field? Would you like to share your experience with interested students and job seekers? Contact us at 815-625-1495 for more information.
(Please note: Any activities involving student contact require a background check. Once you sign up to volunteer and the check is completed, you will receive an email with details on getting started! For more information on the terms, please click Terms and Conditions.)